lunes, 7 de noviembre de 2016

How to write a book


Do you want to write a book? I managed to finish mine, why would not you?
I have been fascinated by reading since I have been using reason, in fact I have always admired all those people who managed to publish their books. In recent years I envied to go to any store and see those publications, known authors or not, but they had succeeded. I got to work and I have completed my first novel.

Source: freepik.com
I imagine that you will be at the point where I was, do not despair, you know how to do it, the problem is that you have not given yourself time to write. Think that a book of your own handwriting does not go beyond showing that you know how to write.

Write a book
I am convinced that if you have come here, it is because you are thinking of writing a book or it has caught your attention to do so. Well, before you start you must know one thing, without effort there is no reward. I will not fool you and tell you that everything is easy, if you want the roses you must prick yourself with thorns. You need time, effort and perseverance:

Find the moment: If you want to write a book, and there are no unused holes. Any time is good, for example on the bus on the way home or going to school or work. It may even sound like a joke but the toilet is a great place to write, without going any further, one of the best screenwriters, Dalton Trumbo wrote in the bathtub.

 Take holidays: Another way to spend time is to take a few days off to write your book. Personally I do not recommend it since in the end it does not take as well the time as it might seem. Although if you concentrate better that way, go ahead.
Free time: Forget those dead hours, Had we not stayed in that it required sacrifice? So turn off the TV, stop doing the lazy on the couch and let's get serious. It is important to be able to sacrifice free time, otherwise we will not get the goal. It took me about seven months to write ‘We should never go back' and would do it a thousand times more enchanted.

Source: Tandaia.com



Routine, discipline and constancy
When I decided to write 'We should never go back' I saw it so far that I decided to leave it for the next day, so I spent some time because it seemed to me an unreachable challenge. Until one day I sat down at the computer and started writing, it was wonderful to see how the ideas flowed and were reflected in the paper.

When you take 3000 words you think the road is long but you do not want to leave it, you continue to write, enjoying your novel and getting into the skin of your characters. You do the dialogues with their voices, you move like them ... In short you become them. Now, when you go for the 40000 words, it is something else, that's where discipline and constancy comes in. If you got here means that the routine has it.
At that moment your worst enemy decides to make an appearance, yourself. In your head will be repeated over and over again that you must leave it, it is not worth it or that nobody will want to publish you, Why continueThere you must be strong and if you have reached that point, you have only to continue, because you are worth it and you can. Forget the difficulties, you do not mind publishing, just finish your work.

You will find your limit, you know more about yourself and most important, your work will be completed.

How to reach the goal?
To get to all of the above I rely on the following three ideas (the first two, the third I have not used it).
1. A minimum of 1,000 words per day: "1000 words?" You'll be thinking and you think it's outrageous, but it's not. 'We should never go back' has 90000 and is equivalent to 300 pages Din A4 double space. Although the average is about 50,000 words, so if you stay constant in about 50 days you would have the first draft. It is done? No, it's just the first draft, later on I'll explain what's missing. For my part, what I usually write is 1000 words or an hour. It depends on my creativity, it's usually the time it takes to write.
2. Best time: It is often said that the night is for artists, although I feel more comfortable writing in the morning, it is my most creative moment. Not for everyone is usually the same, you can do tests at different times, so you will find your ideal moment.

3. Combo of writers: If you do not feel creative enough you can get together with more people and create a joint book, although it is usually a challenge, it is difficult to unify the ideas if you do not understand each other well. For my part, I only intend to do it myself, I do not like to depend on others, if I do something I need to prove that I can, without help.

 I have already written my first draft
"I'm already a writer." That sentence is your condemnation and biggest mistake, you are not a writer, you have just written a draft. It's the easy part, now comes the complicated, because each one of those words you will want it like a son, you have tried to be there, now you must learn to let them go.

As it says, a first draft of shit, leads to a better second and a spectacular thirdThat's right, take a week off and when you pick dedicate yourself to remove all the unnecessary, because there will be plenty; No matter how bad you feel and no matter how tired you are. THERE IS A LOT OF STRAW, You need the needle, the chalice or whatever you want to call it

Now write those parts again and change the paragraphs of order. Take the opportunity to not repeat too many words, Remember that the word processor itself usually carries a Synonyms dictionary that will give you different options. Do not forget the characters, that are coherent and round, if they do not evolve they do not have to be there because they will bore the reader and will not represent a challenge, just as the dialogues must serve to advance in the plot. Take care of the time you write, whether it is past or present, whether it is first or third person ... Everything needs a sense.

It has not been easy to get here, but how do you feel? Truth is that it is an amazing sensation, to feel that your dreams are fulfilled, that you are able to reach your goals and the best,  that now you can go a step further.

What techniques do you use? Do you think something is missing or wrong? Tell me how you do it to write your book.  Please, help me to correct my English.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario